Tuesday, May 10, 2011

He Does Hear Our Prayers

You know how at different times in your life you have a song that really resonates with you. Well mine is this one at the moment.



It's really the last verse of this song that has touched me the most.

"Oh what peace we often forfeit,
What needless pain we bear
all because we do not carry
everything to God in prayer"


I'm so full of questions about my health, homeschooling, serving my family & those at Church so as to be serving the Lord.
I've had this on my playlist for ages but the words really just caught me recently and I've felt the difference in the weight of the burden's feel so much lighter. That verse could not have been more true, as I have forfeited a lot of peace unnecessarily.

I love what President Hinckley said while reminding us of D&C 84:88. He said:
Sometimes you pray to the Lord with great earnestness for help, for relief from your struggles. You wonder why your prayers are not answered as you would like them to be. We have all had that experience. But we come to know as the years pass that our Father in Heaven does hear our prayers. His wisdom is greater than ours, and we come to know that He answers our prayers even though the answers at times are difficult to discern.

1 comment:

Roger said...

Very nicely put - waiting on the Lord can be a heck of a long ride though.