Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Don't Panic if Your Roof Blows OFF!!


That was some advice from the authorities as North Queensland battens down for a category 5 cyclone. Not sure I would take that one under my belt, but hey, some might.
We are from Cairns and have done more than one cyclone, actually more than 10, but this one is frightening.

We have done a fresh food shop today and are expecting rain but that's about all in Brisbane. I think we're all a little storm weary at the moment.

Our prayers are with all those up there facing this monster. Rain & wind here and snow over in the USA. My kids all have seen the value of homestorage and 72 hour packs. They all ways rolled their eyes before, but now everyone wants to know where theirs is.

1 comment:

Andie said...

What kind of things do you put in your 72 hour kits. We rotate ours every conference so it stays fresh, plus I add crayons and coloring books.