Monday, August 23, 2010

My Favorite Multi Purpose Cleaning Recipe

I discovered this book a while back "How to Clean Practically Anything" By Sydney Pemberton on the Choice Magazines website. I was so sick of spending tons of money on cleaning products that we literally "flush away". This is my favorite household spray & wipe cleaner - you can halve the recipe if needed because these quantities are a little excessive.


4L hot water
2 tbsp cloudy ammonia
125ml white vinegar
2 tbsp bicarbonate soda
2-3 drops lavendar or lemon (optional)
2 tbsp basic household soap cleaner (I use dishwashing liquid)

Method- Pour 4 litres of hot water into a bucket & mix in all the ingredients. Let cool and pour into spray bottles. Use as an all-purpose cleaner for kitchens & bathrooms surfaces.

This book is available at the library but I bought my own copy cheap from ebay.

Also when we moved house a while back I used this on our walls and the results were amazing.
4 tablespoons of baking soda , 1 tablespoon bleach to 1 litre of water. This is a great general cleaner and saves money and fuss.

If you do venture over to the Choice website this is the best recipe for muesli. It is a must try.

1 comment:

Roger said...

I love this recipe - it's the only cleaning product I have used ever since you gave it to me.