Thursday, March 11, 2010

Why the name! 'Flowers n Plaid'

We love reading Jamie Lee Curtis' book I'm Goin a Like Me. In the book the little girl says "I'm goin like me even if I'm wearing flowers and plaid" referring to the fact the the two really don't go together but that she is going to feel wonderful about herself anyway. Well sometimes I feel a little like that. Convention says flower and plaid aren't 'right' but clearly you can see that THEY ARE! To some in the world we are a total freak show!! I am a stay home mum, I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints, I homeschool, don't watch television in our home, we live modestly and worst of all I am crazy about my husband and 6 kids (the 6 kids thing is a freak show on its own) and can not get enough of them. Can you see where I am going with this? Is this not a flower and plaid moment or what! I love our life! Forget convention, life is wonderful even in 'flowers and plaid'

No comments: